Show difference between two Microsoft Word documents

So, you want to compare two versions of a doc (probably one circulated by you, and the other you received revised by somebody). Here's how to get it done:

1) Open the original document.
2) Go to menu 'Tools' > 'Compare and Merge Documents'
3) In the 'Open' dialog, point to the newer version of the document, and click open.
4) And you are done.

MS Word will show you the changes (like something new inserted, deleted, etc) with appropriate coloring.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Last time I use next tool for word files-best repair word template,because a lot of my files were damaged.And tool helped me very good.It has free status as far as I known.Moreover program can too supports any version of Microsoft Word text editor.

mahakk01 said...

This seems quite interesting. I never got chance to apply this feature as I wasn't aware of it. The method of comparing two word documents is very easy. I am going to apply this method for sure as it’s very useful. Thanks for sharing it with us.
digital signatures